Five ways to keep your heart healthy
- Posted on: Sep 15 2020
Altamonte Springs, Florida area patients who are concerned about their heart health need to work with a doctor or team of professionals to reduce their risk of developing heart disease. Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death for both adult men and adult women in the United States, and continues to be of great concern for many aging patients. While some patients may have a genetic predisposition to heart disease and other cardiovascular issues, it is still important to take daily steps in ensuring a reduced risk.
To prevent heart disease, the team at Orlando Heart and Vascular Institute recommends some of the following steps:
- Manage stress levels. Reducing stress through a job change or through meditation. This can reduce blood pressure and improve overall health.
- Control cholesterol and blood pressure. If you have a history of high blood pressure ,make sure to monitor it throughout the day and take prescribed medications as directed to keep levels safe and appropriate.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity can increase the risk of many conditions, so maintaining a healthy weight for your height and frame can dramatically improve your overall health while ensuring your heart isn’t working too hard!
- Eat healthy. Work with our doctors to learn ways to improve your diet and nutrition to keep your heart health. A diet low in sugars and alcohol and high in fruits and vegetables can be significant to one’s health.
- Stay active. Everyone should get at least 30 minutes a day of exercise, even if it’s a nice walk on your lunch break. Make sure to speak to your doctor before starting any exercise program to ensure it is appropriate for your current activity levels.
Learn more about ways to maintain your heart health and wellness!
The team at Orlando Heart and Vascular Institute in Altamonte Springs, Florida believes in offering education as part of their medical services, and can answer questions patients may have about heart disease and other conditions. Your heart health is important, and with proper care and maintenance, many patients can lead a long and happy life! Call our team today at (407) 767-8554 to request an appointment at our practice, conveniently located at 450 West Central Parkway. We are here to help new and current patients with a wide range of solutions for the heart and body!
Posted in: Healthy Living, Heart Health