Christina M. Gillmore, APRN-C
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Autonomous Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Dispensing License
- DOT Examiner
- VA Examiner
Tina has joined Orlando Heart and Vascular Institute as an Adult Nurse Practitioner specializing in Internal Medicine. She has been a nurse for 27 years and a nurse practitioner for the past 17 years. As part of her nursing training in Arizona, she spent a rotation with the Native American Haulapai Tribe of Arizona learning homeopathic medicine practices from the tribe Medicine Man/Healer. After graduation as a nurse, she worked in ICU, PCU, Cardiology, and ER at our area hospitals.
Wanting to do more for patients, Tina pursued her advanced degree in nursing at the University of Central Florida. Once she received her Master’s Degree in Nursing, she spent many years as a Hospitalist attending to the acute needs of hospitalized patients. Honing her skills further, she worked several years in Acute Medicine at one of the Orlando area’s urgent care clinics. She has also enjoyed learning and practicing in Osteopathic Medicine, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology and Veteran Services. With the new legislation and her years of experience, she is proud to have earned the designation of Autonomous (Independent) Adult Nurse Practitioner who is ready to partner with her patients on their journey to wellness.
Serving others is a passion for Tina and has volunteered her services as a nurse practitioner on medical missions and at local sporting events. She participates in the Florida Emergency Management Service and is prepared to help Floridians in the case of a major disaster. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband Rick and pets (dogs and cats). She volunteers at a local canine education, training and rescue when she is not gardening or spending time with her grandchildren. She has 3 children all of which are in medicine. David is a surgical first assistant and works in the operating room. Her daughter Jean in an RN working in a local hospital and Sarah is nearly finished with her Master’s Degree in Cardiovascular Science and will be a Perfusionist once she completes her residency next year.
- Featured in Central Florida DOCTOR magazine “Rekindling Hope in a Forgotten Community”. January 2009 issue
- Named/Highlighted as one of Central Florida’s Most Notable Nurses in Central Florida
- Lifestyles Magazine. October 2007 issue
- Phi Kappa Phi – National Collegiate Honor Society 2006
- Sigma Theta Tau – National Nursing Honor Society 2004o Phi Beta Kappa – National Honor Society for Junior Colleges 1995-1997
- Nurses Now Scholarship recipient 2003-2005
- 1997 All-Arizona Academic Scholarship Team
- Who’s Who in American Community Colleges (1996-1997 edition)